Thursday, May 5, 2011

NEIGHBOR [chapter 5 - end]

Author: anyakeshx


Rating: T


Genre: Romance


Cast:

  • You
  • Kang Minhyuk



TRUTH


"Kang Minhyuk," you softly said but you doubt he could hear you.

He was there, in front of you, looking strangely uncomfortable at the sight of you and Ying Zhong.

Ying Zhong looked at you and whispered, "Who's he?"

You took no heed of his question and stood up, walking slowly towards the man who seemed to make your whole world stop. You caught him smile bitterly.

"How'd it feel getting back with that ass?"

Somehow, you wished you didn't tell him about what Ying Zhong did but you were just being honest.

"Minhyuk, its not what you think. He was just explaining and apologizing - "

"Oh? So what is it then? A salututory truce?"

You shook your head.

"I didn't really mean to meet him here."

"You just said you were seeing him awhile ago," he hissed.

"It was a lie."

"Oh so now you've been lying to me?", he added.

His sarcastic remarks seem to annoy you and you remembered what he said awhile ago.

"What is it with you?", you asked him fiercely.

"Whats with me?! I'm just having a hard time figuring out what those tears were for when you were just going to return to him as if nothing happened!", he growled, making movements with his hands.

"AND SO WHAT IF ITS LIKE THAT?", you growled back.

"Perhaps you haven't heard or noticed me but I like you!"

You laughed, "Like?! And then you're telling me we can't be together?"

"So you get back with him? Perhaps you really are an ahjumma! Maybe you forgot what he did to you! And weren't you the one who told me you didn't want to be with me?!"

"I ONLY SAID THAT BECAUSE I FELT SO DISAPPOINTED WHEN YOU SAID THAT! I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THAT AGAIN. NEVER. NOT ANYMORE! I'M TIRED OF BEING DISAPPOINTED."

Today was so tiring, you have been belting out and you have been letting your feelings flow free by shouting at everyone. Why does life continue to torture you this way.

Minhyuk became silent, "So you mean, you like me too?"

You groaned and shot him a nasty look, "Get yourself checked."

You were about to turn away when he grabbed you by the arm.

"Wait."

"What else do you want?", you asked stubbornly, not looking at him.

It was painful to look at him. Your heart was about to burst and you just wanted to hold him close - you're not giving in to your pathetic instincts though.

"Are you really not getting back with him?", he asked, giving Ying Zhong, who was sitting innocently on the bench not far away, a fleeting glance.

You nodded, life getting back on your feet.

"So come with me."

"Where?", you asked him, confused.

"Somewhere."

"Again with that?"

"Maybe when you come with me, we might have a shot at all of this," he explained.

This seem to get you excited but you didn't show it. You were stubborn after all.

"Why would I want that?"

"Because I like you. I want you. I have never liked someone else like this before and I'm not about to let you go for some lame reason."

Before you could answer him, Ying Zhong's voice shot out of nowhere.

You looked back to see him smiling.

"That was fast _________-ssi. You found him in a span of minutes," he laughed and was about to turn around when he looked at Minhyuk and added, "You're one lucky guy if she says yes."

Minhyuk smirked like a bad boy, "I know."

When Ying Zhong started walking away, you called after, "Ah, Ying Zhong! Thank you!"

He raised his hand as a signal that he heard you. Then you turned to Minhyuk, feeling rather elated at how things are turning out today.

You weren't sure of whats going to happen but you wouldn't pass up a chance like this. You finally found someone who completed you, something Ying Zhong never did.

Someone who made you happy despite sad times.

You grabbed his gloveless hand and squeezed it tight, "You're not wearing gloves again."

"I have your hands to keep me warm", he smiled sweetly. "So you're coming with me?"

"Lets go. Wherever it is."




PARENTS


"Mom, Dad. This is ___________- ahjumma."

You glared at him as two people in their fifties stared at you. These were Minhyuks parents. He had brought you to their real home so he could introduce you to them.

"Ahjumma?", you heard his dad ask. His dad looked really stern and this sort of scared you. His mom on the other hand was soft and was giving a small smile, but you felt as nervous as hell.

You were bowing the whole time.

"Ah. Thats her nickname," he added sheepishly.

You heard his mom giggle.

'Ah, seriously. This boy is going to drive me nuts.' You thought to yourself, feeling your blood rise.

You didn't like to look at his parents for fear you'd faint. You have never felt this nervous before. How could he bring you here without warning, you wanted to punch him in the face. So impulsive.

"She's your girlfriend?", his dad asked.

You were done for, you weren't even dating yet! What was he thinking bringing you here like this. Shaking from head to toe, you lifted your head. Both his parents were looking at both of you in curiousity.

He cleared his throat, "Not yet."

His dad eyed him suspiciously, "Then what are you thinking bringing some girl here that you are not even dating?"

What an embarrassment. This is such a disaster.

Then you heard Minhyuk speak with distinction, something you haven't heard during the days you spent together, "Aside from my musical dreams, she's the main reason why I can't go abroad." He looked at you.

"What makes you think that bringing her here is going to change my mind of sending you out the country?", his dads voice thundered.

You were so quiet, just listening to both of them.

Then Minhyuk spoke, "She's clumsy, she's childish and she likes to laugh. She likes ice cream and chicken."

Your jaw dropped at what he was saying. What in the world is he saying in front of his parents? They didn't have to know about how incapable you are of being a proper human being.

But he continued, "She cries easily and she wipes her snot with her shirt - which is pretty disgusting," you heard him giggle. "She's impulsive and she changes without closing her windows. She likes movies and she likes to hold my hand. She gives in to a series of puppy dog eyes. She likes music. She likes walks in the park and she's so bad with space invaders."

"Ya, Kang Minhyuk. What are you saying?!", you hissed at him under your breath.

"Without me, she can't function properly. She'd be lame. No one would hold her hand. No one would teach her how to play and no ones going to treat her to chicken."

His mother was now giggling and his father seemed to have lost his voice.

'Can I just disappear now?', you said to yourself, lowering your head even further.

"Mom, Dad. You've been complaining so much of how irresponsible I am - but when I'm with her, I can't afford to be like that. I have to watch over her and I think she couldn't make it without me," he added bluntly.

You scoffed and lifted your head.

"Ya! Kang Minhyuk!", you managed to say in annoyance.

This seemed to wake his mom and dad up. They were now looking at you and you regretted the fact that you just scolded their son.

His dad sighed, "You're throwing away a bright future to stay here with a person you may or may not spend your life with?"

His dad had a point, what if in one point in life, he'd grow tired of you.

He was handsome, talented and cool while you were just this klutz. Oh god, the shame.


"I won't regret throwing out your dreams for me dad but I'd regret it forever if I leave the girl who means so much to me, the girl whose hands warm mine on cold days," he declared in a brisk tone.

'Can he get any more cheesy?', you tried not to laugh.

His dad squinted his eyes and he looked completely like Minhyuk. Trying hard not to laugh, I bit my lips.

"Are you okay, dear?", his mom suddenly asked you.

You stopped struggling and faced her mom. Her eyes were sort of worried.

"I-I'm fine, ma'am", you managed to say.

Minhyuk decided to continue his little speech, "Dad, please. Its all I'm asking. Allow me to stay here and date her. I'd even find a job!"

He seemed to have hit a nerve when his dad straightened up, "Seriously?"

Minhyuk nodded, looking quite serious. He looked like a cartoon character. Again, you fought the urge to laugh.

"Fine. One chance, Minhyuk. If you mess this one up, you're dead, araso?", his dad said briskly.

With those words, he faced you, smile as wide as the Pacific. You just stared at him, not knowing what to do or how to feel.

Then his dad turned to you.

"Ahjumma -”

Oh shit. No way his dad was calling you that.

"Uhmm, sir. My name is __________. I'd appreciate it if you called me that," you said politely, bowing your head.

His dad laughed and so did his mom.

"___________-ssi, tell me if my son becomes a burden. I'll hang him up for you," he offered.

You nodded your head feverishly, like a bobble head.

With that, Minhyuk stood up, walked towards his mom and hugged her.

Then his dad patted his back, adding, "She's cute."

You felt yourself blush as Minhyuk sat near you.

"I'm going to get some snacks for us," his mother sweetly said. She turned to her husband, "Dear, help me in here."

You were somehow given privacy. Then you cuddled to Minhyuk.

"Does this mean we can be together?"

He kissed your forehead and smiled, "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me they were sending you away?"

"I wasn't sure my dad would reconsider. I didn't want you being sad because of me," he explained. "I want to wipe away your tears, not cause them."

You giggled, "You're a weird boy."

"But you like me."

You raised your head and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, "Yeah. I guess so."




THREE YEARS LATER

Three years later

"Hey! I want to dance with the bride!"

You heard Yonghwa yell from behind.

"Don't look at me, I just want to dance with the groom," Jungshin grimly said.

You stared at him and he gave you a reassuring smile.

Man, Jungshin's jokes were too scary. Somehow, there's this connection only him and Minhyuk would understand.

You shrugged it off.

"Stop hogging, you guys."

You heard Jonghyun said. "Give them space."

It didn't take long to reach Minhyuks arms. He kissed your forehead gently and hugged you tight.

"We're finally here."

"I never dreamed of getting married," he said.

"Really?"

"You're lucky to have me, Ahjumma," he said arrogantly.

You laughed and pinched his cheeks. "Ow - ow! I said I love you!"

"Ahjussi, don't be too full of yourself."

You let go of his already red face and whispered an I love you back.

He then lowered his head and gave you a soft kiss on the lips.


-end-

9 comments:

  1. "Because I like you. I want you. I have never liked someone else like this before and I'm not about to let you go for some lame reason." kyaaaa hyuk soooooo romantic...and finally they are getting married yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. i really imagine that the girl is me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ternyata minhyuk mau ke luar negri toh. hue so sweet banget bawa-bawa aku ke depan org tua dan ngomong terus terang, gentle abis.. berharap ketemu cowok kayak gitu, syukur2 minhyuk asli kekeke..

    chingu, kan ayahnya bilang "Then what are you thinking bringing SOME girl here that you are not even dating?"
    jadi aku bukannya satu2nya cewek yang dibawa ke hadapan orang tua?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kaNg hYeri
    chiNgu tU artiny apAan c? s0rry, Bru bLjr bhs k0rea, ahhehe..urm,'S0ME' dsNi maKsudny kYk 'seMacaM gadis' gTu .
    kL0 di aRtiiN ke iNd0, "Jdi aPa yg Kmu piKirKn dgN MembaWa seMacaM gadis sPrti iNi kesiNi kL0 kaLian tidaK pacaRan?"..kN ceRitaNy papa"ny MinhyUk gaLak, s0 ucapaNny agx" keTus gTu.. :)
    miAnhae, eNg ku riBet, ahhehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. chingu = teman

    ohhh begitu ;p makasi

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya ampun so sweet bgt ;A;
    keren bgt loh ff nya >.<
    coba ya ada cowok kayak gitu u,u

    author daebak *gak bisa komentar apa2 lagi ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  6. habis baca FF ini langsung ngebayangin 10 tahun kedepan tiba2 anak lelaki eon pulang bawa yeojacingunya trus bilang

    " appa eomma .. aku nggak mau kuliah di harvard, maunya di UNDIP aja biar deket ma si _____ " [paling suka scene ini]

    pingsan kali eon ... hahaha .. #ngayal tingkat tinggi

    next FF nya di tunggu ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know exactly what to comment, but I like the end of this story. What a beautiful ending!

    ReplyDelete

Cara komen (bagi yang kurang jelas):

1. Ketik komen kalian di kotak komentar.

2. Di samping 'Berikan komentar sebagai', klik Google (bagi yang menggunakan Blogspot) atau LiveJournal/Wordpress/AIM/TypePad/OpenID (bila kalian mempunyai akun disana)

3. Atau bagi yang tidak punya akun sama sekali / tidak mau ribet, klik NAME/URL (kosongkan URL bila tidak mau ditampilkan)

4. Klik 'Poskan komentar'